Sunday, October 26, 2008

Colic or Growth Spurt?

This week has been really long.
Lets start with Monday - i almost dont remember monday. Aedyn was quite the screamer all morning and then again all evening. there was nothing we could do to console her.

Tuesday - marked her 2 months old. We went over to see our friend Liz and watch her son Sean while she went to the dentist. Aedyn was again screaming most of the time. I was able to play with Sean and get him fed while she was out (both Aedyn and Liz) :) However, the rest of the afternoon was still this unconsolable screaming. She would have a little toot and then go right back to screaming.

Wednesday - was so bad, we stayed in the house all day and didnt get anything done. I held her all day.

Thursday - at least the morning was good, but wouldnt you know by 2PM, she was screaming again.

Friday - she seemed to be doing okay, so we headed over to visit with Lori and her little boy Jake who will be 1 month tomorrow! He is a peach and such a handsome little guy. I just want to pinch his cheeks and hug him!! Now he was sleeping most of the time we were there, barely a stir, such a good boy. Aedyn on the other hand, was still having such a rough day. She hollered most of the time we were there. By the time we got home, she had calmed down great and I finally felt like I was able to console her.

Saturday - it started all over again in the evening just after 3PM. We finally gave in and took her to urgent care - where when we left --- I felt so very Peeved. We were basically sent home with well if it is colic, she will grow out of it and you just have to deal with it. So go home and just let her cry in pain. This really really Peeved me. What use is it to take a colicky baby to the doctor if not to at least help get the gas out and relieve the pain a baby is having? Needlesstosay, I am calling our Ped tomorrow and demanding medication. I refuse to have my baby in a state of pain that can simply be managed by medication. If it was just a little gas and the My.lacon and the Little Tum.mys would have taken care of it, I would not be asking for medication. But clearly - neither of them were working, as she was still screaming her head off.

That all being said ---- her nights were perfectly serene and still are.

Now here is the big question - today, no sign of colic, no major screamming session that could not be consoled and she for 3 feedings today she consumed 4 oz each. Was this last week really colic? or just growing pains?

I am still going to get the medication, because it could very well be that since she was in the car most of the day running around with us - the gas was easily expelled. But it could also be just a fluke that we had a good day.

I am curious to see how this week progresses. She has a chiro appt in the morning, i am hoping this will maybe eleviate some of the gas pains and extreme screaming episodes.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures!

No comments: