Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Almost One Week Old

Wow - I just realized that I post our birth story just the day after the c-section, time flys. I would have posted more, but we had the in-laws take the computer home so that we could focus all of our attention on her and rest. We both knew that if the computer was there, we would want to check email and stuff.....so off it went back to the house.

We have been home since Monday evening, about 5:00pm. I have found very little time to get on the computer, so I am taking this evening to hop on and do a quick update on her progress.

Yesterday we went to her baby peds appt - it was supposed to be done at day 3, however, since we were still at the hospital, we couldnt make that happen. Yesterday was good enough - day 5 :)

She weighed 6lbs 5oz, so she lost a whopping 3 oz! My girl can eat that is for sure.

She was at the 18 and 3/4 inches - she grew almost an entire inch in 5 days!

I am still recoving from the c-section - it is harder than i thought to be so dependant on DH to help me with even the simplest things, like bending down to dry my legs after a shower. WOW!

I have to say I have the best husband a woman could ever ask for.

Well I am back to bed for sleep, as Aedyn will probably be up in about an hour and a half for her feeding.

4 comments:

Chocolate Mom aka Blupoetres said...

I'm so glad you're both home and doing well. I'm even gladder that hubby is there for you to help with the c-section recovery.

Christy said...

I'm glad to hear that your sweet daughter is doing so well, and glad to hear that hubby is helping you out so much. I hope you heal quickly!

So, when do Andrew and I get to visit?

The Poor Barn Mom said...

She is absolutely beautiful.

Congratulations!!!!!

Josée Martens said...

Great pics, Christine! I love them all. Hope we can talk soon.